New Evidence: The Girl Scouts USA is an abortion …
https://www.liveaction.org/news/evidence-girl-scouts-abortion-supportingMar 05, 2019 · 3/5/2019:
Girl Scouts Partner with Abortion Industry, ‘Anal Sex …
Mar 04, 2019 · The Girl Scouts also state that “[e]very Girl Scout and Girl Guide organization is a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts—and each Member Organization, including Girl Scouts of the USA, pays dues.” The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), however, is an organization that advocates globally for abortion rights.
Girl Scouts Continues to Promote Abortion, Partner With …
Mar 15, 2019 · Any Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGS). GSUSA is a member of, and financially supports WAGGS, which has a well-documented history of advocating for legal abortion around the world. Currently, WAGGS offers an Advocacy Tool Kit that encourages girls to make changes in society.
Social Issues FAQ – Girl Scouts
What is Girl Scouts of the USA’s position regarding human sexuality, birth control, and abortion? Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) does not take a position or develop materials on these issues. We feel our role is to help girls develop self-confidence and good decision-making skills that will help them make wise choices in all areas of their lives.
FACT CHECK: Girl Scouts Have Radical Policies?
The Girl Scouts of America and their worldwide partner, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), have entered into a close strategic affiliation with Planned Parenthood.
Girl Scouts Group Gives Top Award to Teen for Pro-Abortion …
A Girl Scouts of America chapter has openly revealed its pro-abortion stance by honoring an Arizona girl for her work on so-called “reproductive health justice.” LifeNews reports that the Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona granted Meghna Gopalan the Gold Award last November, the Girl Scout’s highest honor, for her pro-abortion work.
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES FUNDING ABORTIONS
Click here to download
What You Should Know About Girl Scout Cookies
in .pdf format to print or share
Please click gold links for documentation.
What’s the Concern About Funding Girl Scout Councils and GSUSA?
- The Girl Scout organization persists in focusing on ultra-progressive political activism and activists, presenting controversial information and events to its girl members. 2018-2019 examples include:
- hosting G.I.R.L. Agenda 2018: Leading Change Through Civic Action, featuring keynote speaker Jill Biden’s message to “think of yourself as the next Ruth Bader Ginsberg on the Supreme Court; think of yourself as the next Michelle Obama, you know, our fabulous First Lady.”
- promoting, participating and partnering in the Teen Vogue Summit, an event focused on reproductive justice, fake news, and LGBTQ+ rights, with Cecile Richards/former Planned Parenthood CEO, Sharim Hossain/manager of Youth Organizing for Planned Parenthood, and Andrea Archibald/Chief Girl and Family Engagement Officer of Girl Scouts USA among the presenters.
- Girl Scouts across the country opening for Michelle Obama’s Becoming book tour.
- promoting RBG, a documentary about Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
- celebrating newly elected, self described Democratic socialist, Congresswoman Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez.
- sharing a link to New York Governor Cuomo’s State of the State address in which he states his intent to pass legislation adding Roe V. Wade abortion rights to the state’s constitutionally protected rights.
- Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA) and local councils continue to encourage and celebrate girl members’ participation in the Women’s March which includes “access to safe, legal, affordable abortion” among its unifying principles.
- Girl Scouts’ curriculum for girls, sold and promoted by every local Girl Scout council, recommends pro-abortion role models/organizations such as Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary Clinton, Amnesty Intl., Population Council, ACLU, and National Organization For Women.
- GSUSA confirms that its local councils and troops may collaborate with Planned Parenthood.
- GSUSA is the largest member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), providing 2.6 million of its 10 million girl and adult members worldwide and paying approximately 1.23 million dollars annually to WAGGGS based on the number of registered GSUSA members.
- WAGGGS, which states that “anyone who is a Girl Guide or Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts,” aggressively promotes youth reproductive/abortion and sexual rights, specifically on behalf of its 10 million members.
- GSUSA maintains memberships in abortion rights advocacy groups, including the Coalition for Adolescent Girls. Other organizations working alongside GSUSA in these groups include abortion providers International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International, and numerous organizations that push for unrestricted abortion rights.
Where Does the Cookie Money Go?
- A girl’s troop keeps an average of just 10 to 20 percent of the money she collects from selling cookies.
- The local council receives an average of 65 to 75 percent of the money collected by all local troops.
- GSUSA collects a royalty payment based upon its licensed trademark on every box of cookies produced. With approximately 200 million boxes of cookies sold annually, this amounts to millions of dollars of funding for GSUSA every year.
- New Girl Scout Council policies require that individual donations to girls/troop in lieu of cookie purchases must be used to purchase cookies to be donated to military troops, food pantries, etc. So a monetary gift, intended to directly support the girls and avoid financially benefiting the Girl Scout organization, is actually buying more cookies.